9/16/2007

Style

My understanding of styles of writing is the way you write and what kind of things that you write in your sentences that makes it unique. Some people’s style would be to write with short sentences, some other would be to write with long sentences. Other people’s style would be totally different. In one of the books I’m reading, the author always starts the chapter a summary what happened and then they flash back and describe in more detail what happened. In another book, the author uses a lot of dialogue. I’ve read a lot of his books and he always uses dialogue. Right now, I don’t know my style, I hope that the activities that we will do helps me get my style. If you would read a paper without a name on it, and know it is mine that would be really cool. To help us with our style we looked at other author’s writing and tried to mimic their sentences using the same punctuation they used. Also we looked at the style during the “This I Believe essays”. We learned about sentence fluency when we had to start a sentence with the exact same word we ended the sentence before with. With all the help I learned a lot

No comments: